воскресенье, 19 октября 2008 г.

fox river tool




Iapos;ve rezapos;d the old machine. Iapos;m not completely back yet as Iapos;m still without sound. I belatedly remembered that the reason Iapos;d put the card in it because the onboard sound was fried. And here I thought I was just being too cool to use the integrated card. :) Anyway, that will be rectified tomorrow, since a friend is being nice enough to bring one into work for me tomorrow. Itapos;s still an Athlon 2100 with 1 Gb of RAM. But now it has the pretty 250 Gb hard drive out of the file server in it and is in the file serverapos;s shiny Antec case. As an aside Iapos;ll say that the Antec case was the easiest case Iapos;ve ever worked with, though it does have a serious design flaw in the placement of the hard drive bays in conjunction with the AGP slot.

The soup turned out fantastic. While I was covered in dust bunnies from tearing apart PCs, I made egg noodles (yes, I washed my hands first). I make chicken and noodle soup from scratch, add things like peas and carrots, and put thick, fluffy homemade egg noodles in it. I tend to thicken my broth until itapos;s almost like gravy and then serve the whole mess over mashed potatoes. Iapos;ve never made it like that for the kids since I donapos;t cook homemade for them a lot. I tend to get really pissed when I spend hours in the kitchen and then they complain about the veggies and donapos;t eat it. Well, either they are growing up or theyapos;ve figured out why I donapos;t cook very much. Or, they could just be raving about my cooking out of self defense. We spent the last 3 or so years eating like bachelors. Oddly enough, now my kids donapos;t like frozen pizza or burritos anymore. LOL Anyway, the kids loved it. Bug and destructoboy helped me make the noodles. They want to make the noodles by themselves next time. Oh, and I discovered that I no longer have a rolling pin. No clue when it disappeared, but there were a few moments of panic before the boy was dispatched to the houses of the two neighbors I know to beg to borrow one. Iapos;ll have to buy one soon. Iapos;ve promised to make Splenda pies for the boy this winter.

And, finally, of cats. Bastet has longed to be OUT since she got here. I often find her lying on my bed staring out into the yard. If ever a cat looked wistful, it would be her. She escaped when we changed the litter in the catbox yesterday because I insist that must be done outside and Chris left the door open. I managed to find her and bring her back. Today she escaped no less than 4 times. She doesnapos;t go far, but until sheapos;s chipped and keeps her collar on, sheapos;s a house cat. Sheapos;s not very happy about it. By this evening, when my downstairs neighbor came to tell me my cat was out again, I was covered with dust, flour and looking fairly frazzled as I chased her around the yard. Then, the completely unexpected happened. As I dashed after her, she skidded to a stop under the tree, looked up and hissed. At that same moment, a long-haired siamese fell (yes, fell) out of the tree on top of her. The two cats yowled and streaked to opposite corners of the yard. I just leaned against the fence and laughed. I do owe that siamese a bit of thanks though. After her terrifying ordeal, Bastet went right up on the porch and wanted back in the house. :) Iapos;ve never seen the siamese before, but it looked well taken care of, so I let it wander off.

Anyway, my lazy Sunday of WoW turned into an unexpected day of using my tech skills at home for myself (oddly) and not much else. The kids and I had fun cooking and our lady cat wants to be free. Now Iapos;m tired and thinking bed might be good for me. I dunno, maybe Iapos;ll take the refurbed pc out for spin first.

e in mail msn sign, fox river tool, fox river stone company, fox river stone co, fox river stone.



Комментариев нет: